Monday, October 03, 2005

The Grass is Fucking Beautiful

When Jason Sixpence (no real names please as my screen play is still in progress) left StupiterMedia for Aquafina, he wrote a blog on how the grass seems greener on the other side. One day into Rasheed Longwang's day and I can report that - without a doubt - the grass is really fucking beautiful. Granted I had 6 years of this before and only left because my contract was up and they had no more work.

So how did my day go?

I talked to no less than 12 former\current co-workers who spent - at least - 15 minute catching up with me about what they have been doing and what I have been doing.

The CIO of the company came over to shake my hand and tell me "We are so glad to have you back ... No really! How many places do you go where everyone is excited about having you there!" ... I know my blogs are some long, some exagerated, and some bullshit, but that is a direct quote.

I looked at the code and see plenty of room for improvement and have already been asked to work with another Senior Developer on standards and practices. Here is where I get to use all those wonderful Microsoft books and real world experience.

Went to lunch with my immediate Manager who is also a Senior Manager (read IT Director for those at StupiterMedia). The last time I had lunch with Condoleeza was ... hmmmmm ... never. Then again, Bill is the equivalent - intelligence, personality, and skill-wise - of Joe Quixote only Bill is in the enviable position of being in a place that actually awards their employees with promotions and cold, hard cash. Not that I do not miss working with Joe it's just that great managers seem to share the same great qualities.

My best friend Deb is there and she replaces Vegina Paris in a way ... you see, Deb is my best buddy but she refuses to flip me off and throw shit at me. Damn I miss Vegina! :-)

There are no Mexicans so I feel no need to lock my car. Now that I write this, I am sure Pepe Malmgren is planning a trip to Bloomington in the near future.

There are some very nice people at the new\old company but none are as well endowed as Jessica Sweater-Puppies. However - from here on out - my goal is to work at a company whose health insurance pays only for breast ENLARGEMENT and not breast reduction. Good luck anyway Jessica! ;-)

I do miss all of my friends at StupiterMedia and hope all of you will find a new job soon. No, that's not a misprint.

Thank you guys for making my 18 months there great and really making my last days there even more special. I cannot thank you enough or tell you how much it meant to me and my family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home