Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Political Correctness is lost on 4 year olds

The other day I met my parents at the park where they had taken my son and daughter. My son, Connor, always the one to speak his mind was having quite a good time running around. When I got there he asked me to push him on the swings which, of course, I agreed to.

About 2 minutes into swinging he noticed the Muslim woman watching her two children play. She was dressed in a black burqa that covered her head to toe as is the custom and she sat in the shade on a park bench. When she stood, Connor's eyes got really big as he pointed at her and shouted:

"I thought that was Batman!!!"

My mom had to choke back tears as she tried not to laugh out loud as did I. My father was out of earshot lucky for him. Later I explained that she was a Muslim and in their religion that's how they dress.

I think Connor now wants to convert so he too can dress like Batman.

1 Comments:

Blogger Oreo said...

...and that's why I love kids. ^_^ That and "Miss JD's not black she's brown. Learn you colors!"

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home