Saturday, November 03, 2007

Dog the Bounty Hunter

If you haven't seen all the things going on with Duane "Dog" Chapman, look it up and then come back. For those of you who do know what's going on, read on.

There has been a lot of debate lately in internet message boards and the media about "Dog" and whether he's a racist or not. After reading the full conversation with his son, realizing it was a terse exchange, and seeing the aftermath, I have come to a couple conclusions.

First, the use of the word "nigger" in regards to Tucker's girlfriend seems completely appropriate for her AND Tucker. What kind of douchebag would tape his own father and use that to not only profit but hurt his entire family. It's not just Dog he sold out, it's his stepmother, his uncles, his brothers and sisters both young and old.

Second, the "that's racist" horde that comes out in droves from these things are not only frighteningly stupid but old-reliable predictable. A&E needs to fire Dog, they should be boycotted, et al. Why? Because of a word. I guess if Dog had been talking about "hymietown" or catching the "white devil" or splittin' some "cracker's" head, this wouldn't have even been a blip on the radar.

Some interesting messages I came accross, paraphrased:

"Dog was wrong and if I was Tucker I would have done the same thing!"
This is pretty prevalent or some version of it. It's not surprising that in a "me-first" society of douchebags do we find people with this reaction. If my daddy hurts my widdle feelings I'm gonna take it out on my entire family because I am a special little snow flake. Get Fucked!

"Dog is a racist murderer and he's getting what he deserves!"
Yeah, basically saying "nigger" in a heated exchanged has magically wiped out all of the good this guy has done. The years he served for murder - which he maintains his innocence - and being the posterboy for rehabilitation means nothing when you use a racial epitath no matter how appropriate the use of the word was. His honors from law enforcement. His capture of Andrew Luster. The hundreds of people who credit him for helping them get off drugs. Yeah, he's a racist so none of that matters, let's just stone him.

"Good. I hate that guy. His show sucks. I want to reach in the tv in rip his throat out."
This is a very common theme. What amazes me in this day and age there are still thousands of people without DVRs, or tivos, or - seemingly - REMOTE FUCKING CONTROLS.

I could go on but it's too easy to bash the stupid. Regardless, though I am disappointed in this situation, Dog's private conversation has little to no bearing on how I perceive him. Some people will disagree and some will use this as an opening to try and tear down the man. Those are the true racists and hate-mongers.

Hang in there, brah.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home